Does this Squirrel Know More About Lemons than You?
This little guy has the right idea. The tart lemon is an often-overlooked source of good-for-you nutrients.
You probably already know that lemons are packed with vitamin C, but did you know they’re also a great source of antioxidants, fiber, vitamin B6, iron and potassium?
In fact, the lemon has long been used as a natural remedy for everything from heart troubles to digestion.
Following are the top five home remedy uses for lemons and their juice.
* Digestion aid – said to help resolve constipation and diarrhea
* Cancer-fighter – may help fight oral cancer and leukemia
* Sore-throat soother – antibacterial properties can help knock out the bugs causing the pain
* Weight-loss accelerator – may suppress appetite and help boost metabolism
* Insect-bite relief – rubbing over the bite can help relieve the itch and discomfort
Of course this is just the tip of the lemon-flavored iceberg. Please share your favorite lemon cures in the comments section below.
Would you like to share this adorable lemon-chomping squirrel with a friend? It’s easy…just click here to send an email.
Related articles & videos of interest:
About the author
An enthusiastic believer in the power of natural healing, Alice has spent virtually her entire 17-year career in the natural-health publishing field helping to spread the word.
She is an advocate of self-education and is passionate about the power of group knowledge sharing, like the kind found right here on HealthierTalk.com. Alice loves to share her views on holistic and natural healing as well as her, sometimes contentious, thoughts on the profit-driven inner workings of traditional medicine.
Follow Alice and HealthierTalk on Twitter.