The Healing Power of Positive Thinking
We should all be receptive to feelings like happiness, peace and love. Why? Because we’re all human beings with serious needs when it comes to feelings, and these positive feelings are essential to our health and well-being.
Living in your logical mind and ignoring your mood is a way of stifling your emotions. Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol Truman discusses why we can’t bury feelings consistently and expect to be whole and healed.
But you can make positive changes by starting with these guidelines…
- Be honest about how you really feel, recognize it and own it. Then you can be a conscious creator of your feeling rather than a helpless victim to your surroundings and circumstances.
- Create feelings of happiness in your body through physical touch. For some people it’s taking a warm bath, sitting near a heat vent with a blanket, getting a foot or full-body massage, eating comfort foods or best of all, exchanging affectionate touching with your lover or spouse.
- Experience music that lifts your soul or makes your heart sing. And music can be very effective when combined with physical touch.
- Enjoy great companionship where there is an easy flow of communication, a feeling of respect and a chemistry of happiness when you’re together.
- Try deep breathing and meditation, both of which are powerful techniques. Pause your thoughts and breathe in, then think about something for which you’re thankful as you breathe out. Or allow your mind to travel in thought while blissful feelings heal your body, which is especially effective when combined with music therapy.
- Experience a sunrise or sunset. Allow the sun’s light and warmth to penetrate your mind and body to boost happy feelings.
Related articles of interest:
Finding Your Happy Place: Where did I put it?
Live to Win: How To Feel More Alive!
Mental illness is not ‘all in the mind’
Naturally Raise Your Spirits with Serotonin
Practice Mindful Meditation to Combat Disease
About the author
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com .